10 Very Good Reasons Why You Should Become an Influencer
An influencer is someone who has: the power to affect the purchasing decisions of others because of his or her authority, knowledge, position, or relationship with his or her audience. a following in a distinct niche, with whom he or she actively engages.
An influencer is also someone that has the power to influence the thoughts and opinions of a large audience. This is typically someone on Instagram or YouTube with a large, highly engaged following. This kind of person is highly valuable to advertisers and to marketers alike as they have the ability to sway purchasing decisions, increase brand awareness, and even set trends and define what is “cool.”
More than 75% of Instagram influencers are microinfluencers – defined as between 1,000 and 10,000 followers – according to recent research from Socialbakers. (People vary in their definitions of microinfluencers, from as few as a 1,000 to over 500,000 followers.)
“For small and mid-size brands, the economics of microinfluencers work best,” says Yuval Ben-Itzhak, CEO of Socialbakers, a social media marketing platform. “Our data shows that these influencers, for this scale of brands, can amplify the message by eight times at a very low cost compared to the brand posting content themselves.”
You can earn a huge amount as an influencer, but that’s not the only reason to aim for this target.
Here are just some of the incredible perks that come from being an influencer:
- Getting recognized in the street – not only is this highly rewarding, but it also means you often get freebies or even the option to skip queues! And it’s great when you’re on a date and you get recognized…
- Being able to make money from nearly anything you do. Selling signed t-shirts? Giving a talk? The possibilities are endless!
- Being given exciting opportunities – chances to appear on talk shows, give interviews, write books, travel etc. One influencer called Joe Suggs was last year invited to take part in the UK TV show “Strictly Come Dancing.” He is now a huge celebrity and recalls the experience as one of the best times in his life.
- Being sent freebies to review. If you choose a niche you love, those will be products you’d probably have paid for yourself!
- Being able to earn huge amounts of money for a sponsored post.
- Having a huge army of loyal fans that will buy into anything you sell.
- Being able to generate interest/funds for any cause that’s important to you.
- Being able to direct huge amounts of traffic and customers to products you want to sell.
- STILL also generating a passive income and living the lifestyle you have dreamed of.
- Getting feedback and praise for writing and posting things that you love and are passionate about!
Let’s put it another way. When you have 100,000 subscribers on YouTube or 200,000 followers on Instagram, the going rate for a sponsored post is $1,000. If you have 2M followers on Instagram then, a single post could earn you $10,000. That’s just to take a photo.
And if marketers are willing to pay that much, then imagine what you could earn by selling your own products this way!
Interested? Time to become an influencer – anyone can do it!